Complete Guide to Firebase WordPress Integration (v1.11.0)¶
Last updated: August 3rd, 2020
Integrate Firebase PRO is a WordPress plugin that brings Firebase features to WordPress site. E.g. sign in to WordPress and Firebase with one tap / email link or read & write to Firbase from WordPress.
Demo site: https://wordpress.dalenguyen.me
Video Tutorials: Youtube Playlist - Firebase WordPress Integration
If you are interested in the development progress, please check the Road map.
This guide is mostly for the PRO version, if you are using the FREE version, please refer to the WordPress.org Guide
- IF-PRO Plugin Configuration
- Firebase Cloud Functions Deployment
- List of Current Shortcodes
- Update the Plugin
Even though the plugin allows Firebase users to log in to WordPress at the same time, best scenario is to use WordPress as backend for Firebase without allowing users to login to WordPress.
- Enable FirebaseUI Web
- Register & Login Form
- One Tap Sign Up & Email Link Sign In
- WordPress User Integration
- Firebase User Profile on WordPress
- Manage Firebase Users in WordPress Dashboard
From WordPress, users can retrive or write data from Firbase Realtime / Firestore using shortcodes.
- Retrieve Data from Firestore and Display on WordPress
- Save Data from WordPress to Firebase (Realtime + Firestore)
- How to Work With Firebase Custom Claims in WordPress
Cloud Storage is built for app developers who need to store and serve user-generated content, such as photos or videos.
At the heart of Firebase is Google Analytics, a free and unlimited analytics solution.
If you are a developer, there is no limit that you cannot extend the plugin bases on you needs. Here are some examples.
List of plugins that can integrate with Integrate Firebase PRO